Spring means time for the color palette to switch, new designs to be incorporated and an overall freshening up. I’ve been rounding up some of my favorite things this week, mixing a bit of DIY with store bought faves. This year, I’m really loving a neutral palette with yellow, white and green accents. I’m also wanting to focus on sprucing up my outdoor porch space a bit. In Kansas, we have a pretty long time where outdoor lounging is an option, so I’m wanting to make this area a bit more homey and welcoming. Here’s some examples of the direction I’m heading!
1. One of my spring DIY’s is this wreath! I picked up the grapevine wreath and tulips at my local Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft store, and my fave gingham ribbon is from Gatherings on the Prairie in Junction City, KS. I attached the tulips using a high heat hot glue gun, and the ribbon with some simple floral wire. The project came together for just under $20!
2. I picked up this pedestal stand on a recent trip to World Market. I’m a fan of the wood & metal combination.
3. I see these cherry blossom branches trimmed and placed in a tall vase. Save on Crafts is a great website for supplies like this.
4. Cue a continued infatuation with tulips. I love the high quality look of this Pottery Barn bundle.
5. Also from World Market, this candle smells AMAZING. Pretty much screams spring. Bonus, once the candle is burned down, the jar can be repurposed.
6. Wayfair does it again with a lovely, affordable rug. I think this would be perfect for the patio!
7. Love this Pottery Barn pillow. Cute and like it says…simple!
8. These pine wood serving trays from Wayfair would be ideal on the patio table.
Eeks! Don’t you just love the spring? I’m looking forward to using ideas like these in the months to come! Also, I’ve got a new contact e-mail. Leave a comment below or shoot me an e-mail!