Happy Tuesday, folks! What a week it has been so far, full of excitement and lots of busyness! This week is sorority recruitment at K-State, gosh it brings back so many wonderful memories. I’ve loved getting to spend even just a few minutes at the house. One of the highlights of the week has definitely been getting to see one of my dear friends and college roommate, Adrienne- love her!
So onto the Chocolate Chip Cake Bars! 🙂 Chocolatey. Easy. Tasty. Best served warm. Like many of my faves, this recipe is perfect for substituting different extra ingredients. I used chocolate chips in this batch, but toffee bits, peanut butter chips or Andes mints also work as yummy add-ins.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 box Devil’s Food Cake Mix (I like Betty Crocker)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 Tablespoons warm water
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
Steps to make:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix cake mix, oil, water and eggs until combined.
3. Fold in chocolate chips- delicately. 🙂
6. Cool for 10 minutes and serve up, preferably with a giant glass of milk!