Today is one of my FAVORITE days of the year- OPENING DAY! Hallelujah, I look forward to this day sooo much every year. Baseball on TV, windows open to the beautiful 75 degree sunshine and catching up on the blog- happy day! 🙂
Like most of us, I am all about recipes that are tasty and give you a great bang for your buck. This turkey taco stack is the perfect meal if you’re looking for a flavorful dinner. It is also super quick and easy! Ground beef can definitely be substituted in if you’re not a fan of turkey, the best part of this recipe is that it is super customizable. I like to serve this taco stack with chips and salsa or a bit of cilantro lime rice!
Here’s what you’ll need:
1 lb. ground turkey
1 packet of taco seasoning
1 medium sized white onion, diced
16 oz. canned refried beans
8 oz. sour cream
1/2 cup cheddar cheese
1/2 cup pepper jack cheese
1 large tomato, diced
2 tbs. cilantro, chopped
4 medium sized tortillas
Steps to make:
- Heat oven to 375 degrees and line baking sheet with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray.
- Brown turkey and onion over medium-high heat until cooked through, add taco seasoning and stir.
- Place first tortilla down and spread a third of the beans over tortilla, then half of the sour cream.
- Sprinkle a third of the turkey onto tortilla, top with half of the tomato.
- Add a tortilla to the stack, spread another third of the beans, remainder of sour cream and cheddar cheese.
- Sprinkle remainder of tomato, cilantro and a third of the turkey onto tortilla.
- Add a tortilla and spread remainder of beans, and sprinkle the rest of the turkey and the pepperjack cheese.
- Top with final tortilla and bake for about 45 minutes at 375 degrees, or until warmed through and tortillas become crispy.
- Let stand for 5 minutes, cut into quarters and enjoy!
Let the stacking begin!
Time to dig in! 🙂