I’m kicking winter blues to the curb today and baking up some light and luscious lemon bars! There is something that just makes me smile about baking with lemon. I had a bag of lemons in the fridge that needed to be used, so cue the recipe for the Ina Garten’s Lemon Bars! This recipe, and other tasty Barefoot Contessa recipes, can be found here. I’ve already watched three episodes of Ina’s cooking show today, they are always such fun!
2 sticks of room temperature butter
1/2 cup of white sugar
2 cups of flour
1/8 teaspoon of salt
1. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy with hand mixer
2. Gradually add flour and salt to butter and sugar
3. Dump crust mixture onto a floured counter, form ball
4. Spread crust dough in 9×13 pan and chill for about 30 minutes
5. Bake for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees and then cool completely!
6 room temperature eggs
3 cups white sugar
2 tablespoons lemon zest
1 cup fresh lemon juice
1 cup flour
Powdered sugar for dusting, if desired
1. Whisk eggs, sugar, zest, juice and flour together
2. Pour filling mixture over the cooled crust
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until center is set
4. Cool on wire rack until cool
I wish you could smell this filling! My whole kitchen was smelling delicious.
Cut into desired size pieces and enjoy, extras can be stored in refrigerator!